INMATE VISITING REGULATIONS FERGUS COUNTY SHERIFF’S DEPARTMENT DETENTION FACILITY LEWISTOWN, MONTANA
If you cannot afford bail and your friend or family member is stuck in the Fergus County Detention Center, please be sure to check with our Fergus County bondsmen to secure bail. We can work with anyone to get their bail approved.
We’ve gathered the following information about the Fergus County Detention Center Visitation Rules and also rules for the institution (sending packages, money on an inmates books, stamps, etc)
Fergus County Detention Center Rules and Regulations
Visiting days are Monday, Wednesday, and Friday between the hours of 1:00 P.M. and 4:00 P.M.
No visitation for inmates serving time for periods of 72 hours (3 days) or less.
Visiting periods are for fifteen (15) minutes. Each inmate is allowed two (2) visitors per
visiting period and one (1) visiting period per visiting day.
Visitors must be immediate relatives, eighteen (18) years of age or older. For purposes of
inmate visitation – immediate family is defined as a Spouse (Must be legally married), Parent, Sibling (Brother/Sister), Child, Grandparent, Grandchild, Step-Parent, Step-Brother, Step-Sister, Father-in-law, Mother-in-law, Brother-in-law, Sister-in-law, Daughter-in-law, Son-in-law, aunt or uncle. All others must receive prior approval from the Sheriff or Undersheriff. Picture identification may be required.
ANY VISITOR OR INMATE WHO BECOMES DISORDERLY DURING VISITS MAY BE REFUSED FURTHER VISITATION.
All visiting will be conducted under the procedures established by the Fergus County Detention Facility and decisions of the on-duty detention officer are final.
- The only items that can be accepted for inmates at the Fergus County Detention Center are:
- One (1) set of clean clothing
- Money (NO CHECKS will be accepted for purchase of phone cards)
- Postage Stamps
These items will be delivered to the inmate’s personal property.
- No books or magazines will be accepted for inmates.
- The Fergus County Detention Facility is a Tobacco Free Facility. No tobacco products will be accepted for inmates.
- No incoming calls to inmates will be accepted.
- All written communications must be mailed to the following address:
[Inmate’s Full Name]
P.O. Box 180
Lewistown, Montana 5945